New Community Forums are coming. Watch this space for news.
Subscribe: RSS
  • Hi,

I'm trying to filter events by category in list view without success. Looking at the documentation it seems that this might not be an available option. The call I am using is this:

[[!mxcalendar? 
    &displayType=`list`
    &isLocked=`true`
    &tplListItem=`myTplListItem`
    &tplListHeading=`myTplListHeading`
    &tplListWrap=`myTplListWrap`
    &dir=`ASC`
    &calendarFilter=`2`]]

...which still displays all categories. Does anyone have any clues as to if or how I can do this?

Many thanks - Zaphodx

This question has been answered by charless. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      To filter in the parameters by category use the &categoryFilter parameter.

Example if category id was 2 for Book Reading that I wanted to list. This filter works on the list and calendar views.

[[!mxcalendar?&categoryFilter=`2`]]

Cheers
        Evo Revo // Ubuntu, CentOS, Win // Apache 2x, Lighttp (Lighty)
        Visit CharlesMx.com for latest news and status updates.
      • Thanks Charles, that's much appreciated. I must have got mixed up with which call to make for this, doh smiley

Cheers - Zaphodx
        • Quote from: charless at Mar 27, 2013, 10:04 PM
          To filter in the parameters by category use the &categoryFilter parameter.

Example if category id was 2 for Book Reading that I wanted to list. This filter works on the list and calendar views.

[[!mxcalendar?&categoryFilter=`2`]]

Cheers

charless I don't see this call in the documentation and it doesn't seem to be working for me. I have 9 categories and need to filter out two of them on one specific calendar. Here is my snippet call:

[[!mxcalendar?
          &displayType=`calendar`
          &elEndDate=`+30weeks`
          &calendarFilter=`1`
          &categoryFilter=`1,2,3,4,5,6,7`
          &tplMonth=`TWOTMonth`
          &tplDetail=`TWOTDetail`
          &tplCategoryWrap=`TWOTCategoryWrap`
          &tplCategoryItem=`TWOTCategoryItem`
          ]]

Everything else works great just the category call does not.
          • Have you tried to remove the calendar filter, it all depends on how the events are enterd based on the snippet what is filtered out. If you can provide a detail edit screen shot of an event you want to render I should be able to validate and provide more information possibly.

Cheers
              Evo Revo // Ubuntu, CentOS, Win // Apache 2x, Lighttp (Lighty)
              Visit CharlesMx.com for latest news and status updates.
            • Quote from: charless at Apr 19, 2013, 09:46 PM
              Have you tried to remove the calendar filter

I tried removing the calendar filter and still did not remove the categories.
              Maybe this will help get across what I'm trying to accomplish. I have a public and private side setup where the private side would have access to two more categories. I have 3 calendars total and on two of those calendars I would have two additional event categories that the public side would not get access too.
              • Hi there!

I tried to filter categories by using the following addition to the snippet call:

&categoryFilter=`3,9`

That doesn't work, it outputs "No events found".

When I only choose one category like this

&categoryFilter=`3`

or this

&categoryFilter=`9`

it works fine.

Seems like the comma-separation causes the error.

Is there a fix available for this?
                • Just wondered if there was any fix for this - using comma-separation causes failure: no events?
                    Web site design in Nottingham UK by Chris Fickling http://www.chrisficklingdesign.co.uk