We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Hi there! I've been trying to find a solution for my problem without any success. I hope you guys can help me.

Since last friday one of my websites, www.triasshorttrack.nl (I set site_status to "no" so the website can't be accessed right now), stopped working properly. All of a sudden all pages except the homepage returned 404 errors, images didn't work anymore, stylesheets and javascripts weren't functioning (stylesheets and javascripts were all minified). On top of all, I couldn't access the manager. The manager returned a 500 error.

I noticed that when disabling the .htaccess in the root folder, the stylesheets, javasripts and some of the images were working again. I tried comparing the .htaccess file to other websites I made that have MODX as backend. I didn't notice anything unusual. I checked all config files but everything seemed to be okay.

After a while I decided to do a repair install and upgrade MODX to the latest version (2.2.6 if I'm not mistaken). Although I could access the manager again, none of the other problems were solved. I decided to insert my minified javascripts and stylesheets manually. The website is now correctly displayed again.

Right now I'm still having problems with the images inserted via template variables. All the urls for the images added via template variables are corrupted and not showing the full path. Also, my client's user account for the modx manager is not working correctly. The file manager isn't displaying any files.

I hope I'm making sense and that someone can help me with this problem. I have no idea what could've caused this and I am looking for a solution as soon as possible.

If you have any further questions about this problem don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks smiley
      • 24,544 Posts
      The first thing to try when a working site stops working is deleting all files in the core/cache directory.

The next thing would be repairing all DB tables in PhpMyAdmin.

Also, see if there is anything in the MODX Error log.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • Elaborating on Bob's requests, telling us more about your hosting environment would help us understand what may be causing the problem(s).
          Patrick | Server Wrangler
          About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting