We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 81 Posts
    I have a client who is ready to press the button and purchase a cloud account. They have a site running which they intend to migrate to cloud. I attempted to migrate the site using Vapor 1.0.0-pl. Initially, the creation of the .transport.zip resulted in a corrupt archive. The directory with all the transport files appears to have been created correctly, so I manually zipped it and attempted to import it to my Vault, resulting in a 0 MB-sized snapshot.

There is a related bug in the tracker: http://tracker.modx.com/issues/8851

I encourage anyone who is having similar issues to report their findings here.

Thankfully, SFTP is now available for lab accounts so I can try to get this up and running manually, but it would be great if Vapor works. Any ideas on what could be failing on my end? Memory allocation... timeouts?

This question has been answered by markh. See the first response.

[ed. note: MokoJumbie last edited this post 11 years, 1 month ago.]
      • 163 Posts
      What version of Revolution were you trying to Vapor?
        • 81 Posts
        Quote from: jonleverrier at Mar 16, 2013, 07:33 PM
        What version of Revolution were you trying to Vapor?

The current site in running Revo 2.2.6-pl.
        • discuss.answer
          The size shown for the snapshot in your vault is probably off. It's a known (and low prio) bug where the data storage server doesn't properly return the file size.

I'd suggest trying to inject the snapshot into a (new) cloud, and seeing if that worked, before doing a manual migration.
            Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
            • 81 Posts
            Thanks Mark, I'll try that now and report back my findings.
              • 81 Posts
              Well how about that... it worked!

Thanks for the helpful insight. It would be useful if this info was included in the section about Vapor imports on modxcloud.com