We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 90 Posts
    Hi, I'm using a property set and TVs in my form, but I can't get captions to show for my TVs when an error message is posted. For example, the Name file is mandatory, but the error that is displayed when the Name field is left blank is "The tv_reg-name is required", when what I want is "Name is required". I've tried to set the captions field, tv_reg-name:Name, but it still shows the TV name rather than the caption in the error message.

Isn't it possible to use a caption for a TV or am I specifying the caption incorrectly?

thanks

David Heriot
      David Heriot
      pfsmedia
      • 24,544 Posts
      Yes, the caption is the prompt for the input, it might be 'Enter Your Name here', so it wouldn't make sense to use it in an error message (IOW, you don't want to show a message that says "Enter Your Name Here is required").

Is tv_reg-name the name of your TV? If so, one solution might be to rename it to 'Name', though it might be better to just use JavaScript to catch blank entries before the form is submitted.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 90 Posts
        Thanks BobRay, I was going to just change the tv name but I was just wondering if there was anything else I could do. In the end I did just that and entered a little css into the error chunk to create an error panel.

DH
          David Heriot
          pfsmedia