We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!

Answered paas2.ams down?

• 163 Posts
    jonleverrier Reply #1, 11 years ago
    Is anybody else experiencing issues with paas2.ams (now back up)?

Over the last 4-5 weeks, there have been various uptime/performance issues - does any body know why this cloud is acting so temperamental?

This question has been answered by splittingred. See the first response.

[ed. note: jonleverrier last edited this post 11 years ago.]
    • discuss.answer
      • 4,149 Posts
      splittingred Reply #2, 11 years ago
      Hi Jon,

We are investigating some issues with the NGINX build on that server, specifically with PHP-FPM and nginx communications. We'll get back to you as soon as we have the issue resolved.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 10 Posts
        Hi,
        Any update? Got reports of intermittent '502 Bad Gateway' from this server yesterday.
        Best regards,

Conor
          • 163 Posts
          jonleverrier Reply #4, 11 years ago
          @Conor - They've applied a permeant fix. So should be all sorted now.

Thanks for the update Shaun. Why was the Amsterdam cloud so temperamental at times?
          • I'd still like to know why my directory permissions on that server are all over the place. It appears that the www directory is 777, the initial installation is done with 775, then any further directories created with MODx or SFTP are 755. Files likewise are 664 and 644. The automatically installed phpMyAdmin is all 755/644. I suppose it doesn't really matter, but it makes me nervous.
              Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
              Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
              Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
            • While the servers are down again right now I thought I'd check my uptime monitoring's overall uptime/downtime percentage, sadly for these MODX Clouds that have been effected by the downtime they are down to 99.71%, 99.46% and 99.1% (which still isn't too bad!), but in the MODX Cloud Terms & Conditions it states 99.99% uptime guaranteed:

Maybe someone should update this to just 99% or 98%?
                MODX Ambassador for Thailand. Managing Director at Monogon, a web design and development studio based in Bangkok, Thailand. - Follow me on Twitter.
                • 163 Posts
                jonleverrier Reply #7, 11 years ago
                @Adam - Pingdom is reporting 99.21% uptime at the moment on my Amsterdam clouds, but i'm sure that will head back up to the 99.9% mark over time.

@sotwell - agree with you there.

Just hope these are 'growing pains' and have now been permanently fixed. [ed. note: jonleverrier last edited this post 11 years ago.]
                  • 163 Posts
                  jonleverrier Reply #8, 11 years ago