We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 11 Posts
    I am trying to use NewsPublisher for editing existing documents, and adding images with the RTE.

For this, I have added &contexts=`web,mgr` to my Login snippet call, and added 2 new ACL contexts, "mydocuments" and "mgr", both with the NewsPublisherEditor ACL policy, to the editor user group.

Now, editing texts with [[!NpEditThisButton]] is working as supposed, but when I am trying to add images from the RTE, I am receiving this Apache error:

Unexpected token <:
    Not Found
    The requested URL /manager/undefinedbrowser/directory.php was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I then added a media source access policy "Media Source Admin" for my Amazon S3 Media Source to the editor user group, but still get the Apache error.

Where did I mess up?

EDIT:
    Ok, I have figured it out - but I am still stuck. I had to add the "web" context to the user group as well, not only the "mydocuments" context with my files folder.

BUT, when I do that, clicking the insert images button in the RTE will open the whole file tree, and that will not work for me. My three users are all in their late sixties, and never used to work with PCs regularly. When the first thing they see is a list of documents: php.ini, config.core.php, ht.access and so on, and a huge list of folders in the file tree, they will just think they can never handle this and throw it back to me.

It there maybe any way around, to show them just the S3 bucket folder I created for them?

I guess the solution to this problem isn't going to be as simple again, is it?

Anyway, thanks for reading, and of course for any help, if possible.
    Alex [ed. note: gugelhuhn last edited this post 11 years, 1 month ago.]
      • 1,145 Posts
      http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Creating+a+Media+Source+for+Clients+Tutorial

First create a Media Source for them that points and is stuck to a particular folder, like this (#2)
      1. Filesystem - myMODx/ (config.php, .htaccess, voodoo.ini)
      2. Elderly Clients - myMODx/assets/clients/images/ (lateSixties.png, kayaking.jpg, skydiving.bmp)

#1 is default. Too much harmful detail for clients
      Give ACL to only Admin usergroup, in order to lock the Media Source from Clients

When #2's been created give ACL to Client Usergroup. They'll be able to see only pictures and fun stuff.
        TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
        Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
        5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
        • 11 Posts
        YES! It works! That's some real MODX goodness here. I'm loving it!

How could I overlook that tutorial, I even remember seeing it once?? Thank you so much, donshakespeare!!
          • 1,145 Posts
          Glad you got it running nicely. We do miss things.. he he he...!
            TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
            Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
            5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.