We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 11 Posts
    I was using QuickManager with Evo, and now found NewsPublisher through the Forums as best Revo alternative for me.

I would love to use it for front-end editing (no content creating necessary for me) with TVs and for specific contexts.

I have now installed version 1.4.2-pl, and I am using TinyMCE 4.3.3.

What I did by now is:

- create a NewsPublisher editor user, and add him to a user group that has context access for the context of my documents ("mycontext") with the standard NewsPublisherEditor ACL

- add a new document NewsPublisher to my documents folder with this Newspublisher call: [[!NewsPublisher? &show=`pagetitle,description` &initrte=`1` &rtcontent=`1` &published=`1`]] (I tried adding the summary field to the show property as well, but that would give me a mistake later)

- add &contexts=`web,mgr,mycontext` to the LoginSnippet

- add a new lorem ipsum test page for content editing in my documents folder

- add [[!NpEditThisButton]] to this test page

When I am now logging in as NewsPublisher user and click the edit button on my lorem ipsum test page, I am getting redirected to the Newspublisher page, where a NewsPublisherForm for editing/creating a resource with 2 visible input areas is displayed: Title + Description. BUT: I cannot successfully submit the form, as I cannot enter or edit any content - no textarea or RTE is showing up.

Where did I make the mistake here, or does NewsPublisher not work with contexts the way I tried?

Thanks for any hint,
    Alex [ed. note: gugelhuhn last edited this post 11 years ago.]
      • 11 Posts
      Ok, folks, I found it!

I just had to add "content" to the &show-property.

Maybe this should be added to the docs at http://bobsguides.com/newspublisher-tutorial.html? (Or is there another documentation I just did not find?)