We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 834 Posts
    Hi,

I've just moved my Evo site to Revo and I'm trying to get redirections working.

I was wondering if anyone has got either Redirector or Virtual Aliases working in Revo?

I've tried Redirector, and while I can enter the paths, nothing actually changes when I check the urls.

I'm also not sure Redirector is entirely stable with the latest version of Revo as it messes up the Manager layout quite a bit.

As for Virtual Aliases there seems to be some confusion as to which is the latest and best version to use, plus the instructions aren't entirely clear.

So if anyone has got them working please let me know if there are any special tricks to make them work.

Thanks

Content Creator and Copywriter
    • What isn't working with Redirector?
      I use this component often and doesn't have any issues with it.. You should enter paths without the domain prefix so lets say;

pattern: "the/path/from/the/old/one"
      target: "the/path/in/the/new/one"

And what do you mean with Virtual Aliasses?
      Subdomains? or other domains which points to your MODX site?
      Should MODX use another context for each other domain?

In that case check out my Gateway Manager: http://modx.com/extras/package/gatewaymanager
        MODX Ambassador (NL) & Professional MODX developer
        Follow me on Twitter | Visit my page on Facebook | View my code on Github | View my script posts
        MODX e-commerce solution SimpleCart
        • 834 Posts
        Yeh,

I don't think Redirector is working properly.

I can enter the paths and save them, however it doesn't look as if anything gets saved. I mean there's no list of redirects or anything in the Redirector.

Plus, as I said it does weird things with the backend. All the topmenu tabs disappear, and the side menu gets rearranged and reformatted.

As for Virtual Aliases, they are other extras packages, and I just want to know if anyone's got them working. The sub domain/domain question is irrelevant.

Thanks
        • Okay; you should going to look for errors.. I do not have any troubles with Redirector at all, in MODX 2.2.6.. just installed it in a clean MODX version and it works like a charm. Maybe it's some rights issue on your server? (btw.. the Redirector UI is not yet compatible with MODX 2.2+ but it works fine)

And the Virtual Aliases are unclear to me.. don't know what you mean here.
            Follow me on Twitter | Visit my page on Facebook | View my code on Github | View my script posts
            • 834 Posts
            Let me ask you this:

If I create a redirect in Redirector should I then be able to see a list of all previous redirects created in the Management area?

'cos at the moment there's nothing.
            • Of course.. when you add a record, it should be visible in the grid and it stays there until you remove it. You say it's not, so maybe you should investigate why? .. Take a look in the database, to see if those records are there or not. Also you say that the Redirector mess up the manager; I the package is not installed correctly. What you can do is remove the package, confirm that core/components/redirector/ and assets/components/redirector/ and core/packages/redirector* are removed too! (I believe you should check a "forced removed" checkbox for that) and then re-download it, install it.. does it happen again that way?
                • 834 Posts
                Yeh,

I've already done a forced removal and reinstall. Makes no difference.
                • Hm thats strange, it's working great over here, everywhere I try... So it must be something in your setup I gues.. You should debug it sad
                    • 834 Posts
                    Just tested on my local desktop and it works fine, must be something strange with my hosting setup.

Will have to investigate.

Aye aye aye.