We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 265 Posts
    Being fairly new to MIGXdb, this may sound like a dumb question but i could not find it.

Is it possible to do more tabs within one instance. Now you go to Components->MIGX->MyManager and there is one form.
    Can i also somehow make more tabs within that instance, so i cn manage more at once?

Secondly, if that is possible, can i use data from one tab in anorgher tab?
    i.e. Tab one would be about managing daytrips, tab two would be managing the countries the trips are in. In the daytrips table we have only the id of the country there in, to make it user friendly i want it to display the name, so i need to do a JOIN somehow.

This question has been answered by Bruno17. See the first response.

• 5,888 Posts
      Is it possible to do more tabs within one instance. Now you go to Components->MIGX->MyManager and there is one form.
      Can i also somehow make more tabs within that instance, so i cn manage more at once?

To have more tabs just put all MIGX-configs douplepipe-delimited into the actions parameters:

&configs=configA||configB||configC

Secondly, if that is possible, can i use data from one tab in anorgher tab?
      i.e. Tab one would be about managing daytrips, tab two would be managing the countries the trips are in. In the daytrips table we have only the id of the country there in, to make it user friendly i want it to display the name, so i need to do a JOIN somehow.

you can try my dynamic-dropdown-TVs
      this are listbox/multiple-listbox-TVs which can be dependend from each other.

https://github.com/Bruno17/dddx/tree/master/core/packages

-------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
        • 265 Posts
        Thanks Bruno,

Your quick in reply smiley

First question was an easy fix, thank you.

But euhm, for the second, wouldn't that be a tad of overkill?

i have a field in tab one that is called country_id in tab 2 the countries are listed and also have names.
        In tab one i need something like a querie that says select from countries where country_id = "idfromtab one".

But i don't knwo i that is possible?
          • 5,888 Posts
          i have a field in tab one that is called country_id in tab 2 the countries are listed and also have names.
          In tab one i need something like a querie that says select from countries where country_id = "idfromtab one".
          Can you explain a bit more about it?

which kind of field, where comes this value from , do they type it into the form.. and so on.
          perhaps a screen or a grafic would be perfect.

Thanks!
            • 265 Posts
            I have tab one, wich holds all information on trips. That information is stored in modx_trips, the informtaion on the country linked by the country_id that has all it's information in table modx_countries.

Here is tab one, where you can see that country now has a number:

That number corresponds to the id of the country you can see in tab two:

What i need to do is in tab one, instead of the id is display the name of the country, not the id.
              • 265 Posts
              In the Forums, i found something like this, but i could not find any more documentation?
              Because this seems to be what i would need.

[{"classname":"YourClassname","alias":"yourAlias","on":"yourAlias.id=yourRelationIDfield"}]
              • discuss.answer
                • 5,888 Posts
                Would you like to get a listbox for selecting the country?

you can put a @EVAL or @SELECT - binding into the inputOptions in the MIGX-configuration for that field, as you would do with any listbox-TV

the join - configuration is needed if you want to show columns of connected tables in a grid column.

Thanks!
                  • 265 Posts
                  Well, yes and no, i want to be able to JOIN some tables back and forth and try understanding how that works.

Like the example i have given above, where the coutry id 1 is displayed, i want it to say the actual name of the country.
                  Another example, when adding a new trip, i want to be able to select a country by name not by id, since users don't generally know the id of the country in database ;-)

That's just one example of many of what i am trying to achieve and want to learn smiley
                    • 265 Posts
                    So basically, looking for documentation, or better: examples for me to learn from.