We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 436 Posts
    Nope, clearing the site didn't solve it. Manually deleted the contents of the whole cache folder via FTP, still no difference.
      • 143 Posts
      have you installed packman or a package made with packman? I had the same problem and uninstalling the packman package fixed it.
        Eighth day design
        Design agency with offices in Edinburgh and Brighton
        • 436 Posts
        I've never installed packman. Couldn't say if another package installed has been made with it though.

Just installed the problem package on a different modx installation and it gives exactly the same behaviour.
          • 60 Posts
          Having the same issue. Package Management does not show updates for installed packages (no manually installed packages are used). Example: FormIt in Package Management is shown in Version 2.1.2, but 2.2.0 should be shown. Same for Ace (1.4.0 not found, instead 1.3.3 installed).
          Deleting cache does not solve the problem.
          If I search in Package Management for FormIt, the correct version 2.2.0 is shown, and "Download" is offered. I can then download it, and afterwards "Install" is offered. If I choose "Install" then, it seems to be correctly installed. When I then "View Details" and "Uploaded Versions" of the FormIt Package, both versions (2.1.2, previously installed, and 2.2.0, now installed) show up in the versions list.
          This may be a workaround for packages of which you know an update is available and if the packages is "lightweight" like FormIt. But what if you have heavier packages (with more impacht on database tables etc) like VersionX oder MigX "updated" through this over-installing procedure?
            • 24,544 Posts
            I think the process is the same as it would be if you saw an update notice. Either way, the package has to be downloaded to core/packages, then installed. The update process just lets you do that without clicking on "Install."

I'm seeing this too, and clicking on "Check for Updates" tells me the package it up to date, even though there's a newer version in the Repo.

I just tried "Check for Updates" on getResources and got this: provider_err_nf. I see the provider is blank for that package.

It looks like all the packages installed by Articles have a blank provider. Mine were installed on March 24, 2013.

[Update] This could be the issue. In the DB, the provider field is 2 for Articles itself, but 1 for the other packages it installs. There is only one provider in the Providers table, but its ID is 2. Maybe Articles (or MODX or Package Manager) is assuming that if there's only one provider, its ID is 1.

I was able to check for updates on everything but Subscribe ("could not find package subscribe"). I changed the signature to Subscribe ... and got, "could not find package Subscribe".

[ed. note: BobRay last edited this post 11 years ago.]
              Did I help you? Buy me a beer
              Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
              MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
              My MODX Extras
              Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
              • 436 Posts
              This issue was questioned again on Twitter a couple of days ago the response from @modx was:

we're in the process of working on the Extras/Package Management and hope to address those issues and much more.

https://twitter.com/modx/status/325050321716015104