We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 236 Posts
    I've tried to create a couple but nothing seems to be happening, I made a couple earlier today and all was fine.

Maybe I'm being impatient, I'm not sure how it works but I don't want to attempt to create any more in case they are added to a queue.

This question has been answered by opengeek. See the first response.

• 163 Posts
      @bobwai - how big is the site in question? you should be able to get an estimate from the daily backups.

Also, what cloud server are you trying to create a snapshot from - is it amsterdam (ie. paas1.ams / paas2.ams) ?
        • 236 Posts
        Hi, it's on paas1.ams. The site isn't much bigger than a standard install, it's just a theme with 1 template and a few chunks and 3 packages. It's on a new cloud so no backups to check yet.

I did start 2 snapshots running consecutively, maybe I should have waited for the first to finish. Nothing has come through yet so I guess something is wrong.

Hopefully I haven't frazzled anything smiley
        • discuss.answer
          It really depends on the size of the site being snapshotted and which Snapshot Template you use. If you are having problems getting a snapshot generated, enter a support ticket with details of the Cloud you are attempting to Snapshot and we will look into it.
            • 236 Posts
            Hi, apologies for this, the snapshots have come through now so I was being a little impatient.

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.
              • 573 Posts
              I imported a very large site, and it took around 20mins
                • 573 Posts
                I imported a very large site, and it took around 20mins. It would be a good to have a better indication of how long it will take as I too thought it was not working and tried importing again.
                • Hi All,

We are going to look at improving how we visualise the Snapshot process in the Cloud dashboard a little better. It's on the list. Other core features though like domains, email and SSLs are a priority at the moment though. The best approach as Jason mentioned is to expect a larger snapshot to take some time. It is in the queue and will appear in time. Should you ever have any worries though, please do drop us a ticket from the dashboard.

All the best.