We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Hi all.

Wondered if anyone had any thoughts on development of custom context-menu (right-click) functions for the Revo manager Resource tree? (without hacking core files)

Am currently building an application that could benefit from a customizable 'print this resource tree' function...it's a client requirement, and currently thinking I'll have to build a CMP for it.

Know there's some customization of right-click context menu possible using Custom Resource Classes - but seems to be for 'create' functions only.

The current 'modx.tree.resource.js' library doesn't appear to support additional functions - are there any plans to enable modification of this menu in a future MODX release?

Would be ideal to be able to create custom function(s) for the context menu, linked to ExtJS processors - similar to actions in the main toolbar at top of manager interface for example.

Any thoughts/suggestions welcome.

Many thanks.
      • 8 Posts
      Not an direct answer to your question, but maybe this helps soms people who had te same problem i had.
      I wanted to disable the right-click on the resource tree for a user-group and this post really helped me out:

https://forums.modx.com/thread/99566/how-to-customise-manager-styles-for-a-user#dis-post-548364

Create a custom css file, make a plugin which loads that file only when a user has the user-setting on Yes and BAM, the user cant right-click on the resource-tree.

Instead of a css file you might be able to load en custom script for your purpose.