We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 128 Posts
    Hi
    I'm using Revo 2.2.5. I get this weird problem since upgrading, when I go to my articles to see what's there or add a new one I get a pop up of what looks like the website in a list view and it covers the window so I can't do anything but go back. There appears an ok button which you can press if you catch it but the articles appear with nothing listed even though I know I have about 6 as they appear on the live wesbite! What can I do to get access to my articles again?
      • 1,145 Posts
      Is it possible to create a new Articles container, and new articles under it? Are we here talking about the Articles extra?
        TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
        Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
        5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
        • 128 Posts
        I created a new container as a test and created an article all fine but once saved and I go back to the article list (even in the new container) I get the same problem. Has something become corrupted on an upgrade?
          • 128 Posts
          I attach a screen grab of what the window looks like
            • 1,145 Posts
            You upgraded to 2.2.5?
            I can't say how you did it or what went wrong.
            But I suggest:

Check your error log (What's missing? What else could be wrong with the site that is causing Article's problem)

Backup your Data
            Uninstall and Re-install Articles
              TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
              Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
              5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
              • 128 Posts
              I've gone to use the gallery extra in another domain I have which was a complete new install of 2.2.6 so no upgrades and I get the same problem. Thought I'd try it in Firefox and I can see it says Syntax error but nothing else. I have just upgraded my OS to Snow Leopard on the mac, could this be affecting it? I recently had a problem with an apple update that stopped Java from working but I have now bypassed this. I don't think it's the installation as it was all working but could a system upgrade affect MODX?
                • 128 Posts
                Here is a screenshot of the error
                  • 1,572 Posts
                  The first screen shot looks like it's loading your home page which I expect is set to your 404 page, I had the same error with Quip which I haven't had the time to try to resolve yet
                    • 128 Posts
                    That's it I think. But haven't come across a solution yet. Desperately trying as need to update the websites!
                      • 215 Posts
                      evegate94 - what process did you follow to go about upgrading? Did you run log out of your manager first, and run setup after the new files were uploaded? Also try manually clearing the /core/cache/ directory.
                        Jesse Couch
                        MODX Aficionado, Front-End Designer & Developer
                        http://www.designcouch.com