We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 16 Posts
    Hello,

Can anybody explain how to fix the following errors that show up on mysite.com/manager/ page:
    1) Notice: Array to string conversion in /homepages/5/d329033657/htdocs/mysite/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php on line 478
    2) Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /homepages/5/d329033657/htdocs/mysite/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php:478) in /homepages/5/d329033657/htdocs/mysite/core/model/modx/modx.class.php on line 1975

The login is still working, but when I log to the system the problems persists and manager doesn't function.

I have several website with 2.1.x versions of MODX Revolution (2.1.3, 2.1.5). The errors appeared after my hosting server was upgraded from php 5.2 to 5.4.

Please help! [ed. note: design4music last edited this post 11 years, 2 months ago.]
      it is all about jazz
      • 16 Posts
      The only solution I have in mind is to upgrade MODX from MODX Revolution 2.1.3-pl to the latest version 2.2.6 (?) but I am not sure about the procedure... how safe it is. Please advise! smiley
        it is all about jazz
      • Well, first... you may consider downgrading php to 5.3 and see what happens. Also, upgrading MODX is not an unsafe procedure. Unless of course you don't follow the documentation and extract the .zip on your machine, and then ftp all the files to the server. In that case, files could be missed and things can go gorky. So don't do that. Also, make sure to upgrade all packages, clear the cache, and log out before you run setup. Choose upgrade, not new install. :~}

Make sure to do a full backup of your site prior to running the upgrade just in case.

Clearing your cache by deleting all the files in the core/cache folder might help all on it's own as well, but you should upgrade MODX anyway. It's actually a quick process. If you do decide to stay with php 5.4, do make sure that your php.ini is the correct one for your version. A lot changed in 5.4 and a php.ini for 5.2 is not the same as for 5.4. [ed. note: frogabog last edited this post 11 years, 2 months ago.]
          Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
          "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
          Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
          • 16 Posts
          Thanks Frogabog,

Been making backups. I have some 10-11 sites to upgrade at this point, all MODX 2.1.x
          A question, something I can't figure out...
          Quote from: frogabog at Feb 09, 2013, 11:06 AM
          extract the .zip on your machine, and then ftp all the files to the server. In that case, files could be missed and things can go gorky. So don't do that.
          How do I overwrite existing files with the new ones? I have an un-zip function on my 1and1 hosting, but it doesn't allow un-zipping over the exisitng files with the same names. Right now i am uploading over from a local unpacked archive. I know you wrote not to do that... also it goes very slowly.

I will try to eliminate the cache and see how that works. I can toggle php 5.2 / 5.4 at the moment but not any other version.

... and yes, need to modify php.ini to set the date.timezone setting

Thank you [ed. note: design4music last edited this post 11 years, 2 months ago.]
            it is all about jazz
            • 16 Posts
            Hello Frogabog,

I added php.ini with
            date.timezone = "America/New_York"

My hosting provider confirmed that it will work and indeed my php info shows that: date.timezone America/New_York | America/New_York
            Then I cleaned all cache. However when I go to a setup page mysite.com/setup/ it still displays the same fatal error:
            To use PHP 5.3.0+, you must set the date.timezone setting in your php.ini. Please do set it to a proper timezone before proceeding.

I wonder, what is the deal?
              it is all about jazz
              • 16 Posts
              Also, a silly question perhaps, how do I unzip new version of MODX on top of existing one. Sorry, this must be basic, but how you do that?
                it is all about jazz
              • Use the extraction utility in your control panel, and just unpack it to it's own folder. Then, in your file manager open the folder and select all of the files and folders within. Should be everything from the MODX zip file. Copy or merge (if merge is available) all of that to the directory your installation is in. I usually do all this in the installation folder itself. This should merge the files with the existing files and also produce a new folder named setup.

Delete the core/cache files and load yoursite.com/setup in a browser.

I'm not sure that I wouldn't go back to php 5.2 if I couldn't downgrade to 5.3. At least for the time being.

The timezone issue is solved in MODX 2.2.6 btw. Something is telling MODX that you're using php 5.3. I'm thinking it's a php.ini file in the root. Did your host place that file for you?
                  Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
                  "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
                  Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
                  • 16 Posts
                  Hello, this is how I resolved the issues after all:
                  1. Made backup of files and db. Particularly core/config/config.inc.php
                  2. Deleted everything except a folder /assets/
                  3. Uploaded (unziped on server) new installation of MODX Revo 2.2.6
                  4. Re-uploaded my old version of core/config/config.inc.php
                  5. Run a setup in upgrade current installation mode.

All worked fine, except some snipets didn't behave well. So I removed/re-installed packages.

Now, it is all really cool, but one thing - can't get thumbs working on gallery pages like this: http://harveysorgen.com/media.html?galAlbum=2
                  I tried cleaning cache, reinstalled phpthumbof, re-uploaded images to generate new cache or whatever is required... not sure what else can be done.

Would be nice to get some advice on this...
                  Thanks
                    it is all about jazz
                    • 41 Posts
                    can't get thumbs working on gallery pages like this: http://harveysorgen.com/media.html?galAlbum=2
                    I tried cleaning cache, reinstalled phpthumbof, re-uploaded images to generate new cache or whatever is required... not sure what else can be done.
                    since version 2.2 the file path configs have changed. Now you have to use Media Sources.
                    Have you done or checked this?
                      Revolution 2.2.6
                      • 16 Posts
                      Thanks manfred62,
                      I haven't checked that. Hope it won't be difficult to use with the current gallery setup.
                        it is all about jazz