We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 89 Posts
    I am running MODX version 2.2.6. Basically one of my users (who is a mgr) can upload images to the file directory, however they can not see the image and place it in the tv or post. These users are uploading images through tv's as well as the content area in several resources. When I log in as an the super admin account I can see the images they uploaded in my file tree. However they have no access. I'm totally stumped here because everything else about these user accounts is working perfectly.

Here are some details.

My user is in the administrator group.
    They have and authority of 10
    I used the Content Editor Template for Access Controls
    I am using media sources to control where the images go. I have correctly set the paths and it's working perfectly with my super admin.
    I added a new user group for Administrators with a minimum role of content editor and a policy of Media source user for the media source in question.

Any help would be appreciated.
    • Check the media source user policy itself. It should be set to "load, list, view".

I've had a couple installations of 2.2.5 and 2.2.6 that had no policies. There are 7 total in the template, the user should have three and the administrator has 7, "create, copy, load, list, save, remove, view".
        Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
      • Tim Butterworth, MODX Ambassador Reply #3, 11 years, 2 months ago
        Just a double check, check that all of your paths on the media source setup have a trailing /

I spent a happy few hours with a similar issue of no images showing in the list until I added the / which then solved the problem. May not be your problem in this case but worth a check ....

Tim Butterworth, MBA
          MODX Ambassador
          http://www.eecsoftware.com
          • 89 Posts
          Thanks guys, Tim- I have made the trailing/ mistake before as well! However it was not the problem this time. In my access controls I gave the user permissions for media sources thinking that was how you let people upload images. Turns out you also have to give them permissions to add files. Ones like file_manager, file_upload, ect.

Seems a little silly I didn't figure that out before hand, this is my first time making users so it was initially a little confusing. I think I get it now.