We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7 Posts
    Is it possible to add a drop down menu to a link that is being edited?
    Or is there a plug in to add to the content manager that can creat drop down menus ?
    • You can create a TV with drop downs populated with your data, associate the TV with a template, and call the TV in the template or in the content area of a resource where you wish to place your links.

What exactly would you like to do? If you can explain more about your intentions, it would be helpful to answer your question.
        Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 7 Posts
        I do not have much experience so I use a content manager hosted by a company so that I can do certain thing to my web site.
        I have put in some links on my page using the "inset/edit link" button in TinyMCE, and wondered if instead of these links opening a new web page, could they have a drop down so there is a choice?
        Sorry if I am not explaing this very well..
        • Technically, you could do this with a TV. But I'm not sure there's much reason to.

Look here for basic information about how to target your links. http://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_link_target.asp

When you insert the link in tinyMCE you will find a dropdown to choose the target attribute. It's best if you choose this yourself (use _self to open in the same page, or leave it blank) rather than letting the visitor do it via a function of your site. Should visitors wish to open the page in another tab/window there are user options to do that such as "right click-choose open in a new tab".
            "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
          • You also may want to check your own browser settings. If your browser is set up to open all links in a new tab, then leaving the target attribute option blank or using _self when creating the link won't make your link open in the same page when you test it.

Default is to open in the same tab/window without any target set in the link tag so if your links always open in a new tab... it is probably your browser doing this for you.