We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 40 Posts
    This is probably a really dumb question but:

Should the template chunks for Quip (tplComment, tplCommentOptions, tplComments, tplReport) be shown in the Chunks section of the Elements?

There is no Quip folder under chunks in my Elements tree and none of the templates above are to be found anywhere.

• 8 Posts
      The files are in core/components/quip/elements/chunks

You might not want to edit them there though, &tplComment=`chunkName` etc in the snippet calls should let you define your own chunk, rather than directly editing the default value.
        • 215 Posts
        Agree with pixsaul - editing the default chunks is a bad idea, as your changes will be erased whenever you upgrade the extra (Quip, in this case). Better to use an extra's &tpl properties.
          Jesse Couch
          MODX Aficionado, Front-End Designer & Developer
          http://www.designcouch.com
        • I could be wrong but I believe later versions of Quip do place the chunks in the Elements under the Quip category. You should always duplicated and modify as was said above, you'll lose changes on upgrade.
            Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub