We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 20 Posts
    MaxiGallery was working fine on the test site then when I took the site live I am getting the following error when trying to upload pictures.

« MODx Parse Error »
    MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
    Error: move_uploaded_file(assets/galleries/3/) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Is a directory
    Error type/ Nr.: Warning - 2
    File: /home/arcretir/public_html/assets/snippets/maxigallery/maxigallery.php
    Line: 371
    Line 371 source: move_uploaded_file( $_FILES['file'.$i]['tmp_name'] , $mg->path_to_gal.$name );

Parser timing
    MySQL: 0.0034 s (2 Requests)
    PHP: 0.0387 s
    Total: 0.0422 s

Anyone have a solution for this problem. Maxi Gallery is working fine on my other sites.
      • 91 Posts
      Probably the directory permissions on the live site. I had a similar message yesterday.

Worth checking.
        MODX Revolution 2.6.5-pl (traditional)

Hosted on MODX Cloud

• 91 Posts
        Sorry - another idea. If /assets/galleries/ doesn't exist, Maxigallery can't open subdirectories with the name of the document id where the gallery call is placed. Early Evo versions had MaxiGallery packaged within, 1.0.5 doesn't, so it doesn't create the ../galleries sub-directory for you.

Try that too.
          MODX Revolution 2.6.5-pl (traditional)

Hosted on MODX Cloud

• 20 Posts
          Quote from: nicboyde at Feb 12, 2013, 06:20 AM
          Sorry - another idea. If /assets/galleries/ doesn't exist, Maxigallery can't open subdirectories with the name of the document id where the gallery call is placed. Early Evo versions had MaxiGallery packaged within, 1.0.5 doesn't, so it doesn't create the ../galleries sub-directory for you.

Try that too.
          Thanks, I have the gallery subdirectory and the site had been working fine untill a couple of weeks ago. The galleries are comd 777. I am having the same problem with three other sites. All are hosted on the same Host server. The Host says that no changes have been made to their server so I am in a catch 22.