We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 12 Posts
    Hi, I am trying to get MemberCheck 1.2.0-beta2 to work using MODX Revolution 2.2.5-pl (traditional).

This problem is I can't find an documentation to tell me what call I should use.

The only reference I have found in the Snippet file but that make my entire website go down.

Could someone let me know what the call should be to get a specific group to see something?

Cheers
      • 24,544 Posts
      Can you paste the tag that didn't work? We might see something wrong with it.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 12 Posts
        Hello BobRay thanks for your reply.

I have used MemberCheck quite a few time with Evolution without trouble but this is the first time I have tried to use it with Revolution.

Here is the call I tried that I found in Elements> Snippets> MemberCheck:
        [[MemberCheck? &groups=`siteadmin, registered users` &chunk=`privateSiteNav` &default=`publicSiteNav` &ph=`MemberMenu` &debug=`true`]]

I have all the relevant chunks and placeholder set up but when I saved it my site went down and I got a 500 error.

HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

Any ideas?

Cheers
          • 24,544 Posts
          Try removing the space in the comma-separated list:

`siteadmin,registered users`

If that doesn't work, I would try renaming the second group to registeredusers and using this line:

[[MemberCheck? &groups=`siteadmin,registeredusers` &chunk=`privateSiteNav` &default=`publicSiteNav` &ph=`MemberMenu` &debug=`true`]]

Are you getting any error messages on the screen or in the log?
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
            • 12 Posts
            Hello,

I tried both this variation and it still gave me entire site the same 500 error.

And my error report page in MODX Revo gets a 500 when I try to view it too but there is 3 files that where generate on my server at the approximately the same time as my tests they were called, core.157891, core.279396 and core.280612 would that be related?

They are pretty large files, about 90mb each.

Where exactlly should I place the call? I just had it in my template with the Wayfinder call.

Should the placeholder be:
            [[+MemberMenu]]
            and place it where i wont the logged in content to be?

That what I used to do in Evo.

Cheers