We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 195 Posts
    Hi,

I'm using a new XAMPP installation (v1.8.1) located on a different directory to replace my older one (1.7.1 beta 5) and I'm trying to move two sites that are built on REVO 2.2.5PL and 2.2.6PL. I'm trying to run the SETUP -> UPGRADE installation for both sites and I'm encountering a PHP memory-related fatal error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 65488 bytes) in E:\xampp\htdocs\mysite\core\xpdo\cache\xpdocachemanager.class.php on line 319

I'm not sure what's causing this. I looked over the PHPINFO table and my memory_limit is set to 128M.

It seems this appears if you didn't rename the absolute paths in the config files. I only managed to fix this by locating all config files (config.core.php and config.inc.php) of the installation and renamed the absolute path (in this case, my earlier install pointed to G drive, so I just renamed this to E). After doing this, I was able to run the upgrade function from the MODX setup.

Just in case anyone's thinking of running the UPGRADE function right after uploading the MYSQL DB and decompressing the MODX files into their htdoc or public_html directory.

• 24,544 Posts
      I've had to do the same thing when moving a remote site to localhost. I don't know why this happens.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting