We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 30 Posts
    I am using FormIT everything is working fine except I want to be to add a validation email field, i.e they enter their email address and then have to re enter their email address and the second filed checks it matches the first field.

<li>
        <label for="email">
            Email:*
            <span class="error">[[+fi.error.email]]</span>
        </label>
        <input type="text" name="email:email:required" id="email" value="[[+fi.email]]" />
    </li>

<li>
    <label for="checkemail">
            Re Enter Email:*
            <span class="error">[[+fi.error.checkemail]]</span>
        </label>
        <input type="text" name="checkemail:contains="[[+fi.email]]" id="checkemail" value="[[+fi.checkemail]]" />
    </li>

The section name="checkemail:contains="[[+fi.email]]" I have changed to various different formats but i cant get it to work.
      Use our Free Developers API and build SMS in to your customers website or store or application. http://www.VibeActiveMedia.com
      • 534 Posts
      According to http://rtfm.modx.com/display/ADDON/FormIt.Validators

I would just try to abuse the password_confirm validator to check the emails =)...and if this doesn't work, I would steal that validator code and make a custom one for email out of it...
        • 30 Posts
        Ok i tried that, i took the password code and duplicated it and changed it with email2 and email_confirmation instead of password2 and password_confirmation

I can only find 2 pages that i needed to change a couple of entries in, is there anywhere else i need to look.

formit/model/formit/fivalidator.class
        formit/lexicon/en/default.inc

Use our Free Developers API and build SMS in to your customers website or store or application. http://www.VibeActiveMedia.com
          • 255 Posts
          Can you post your Formit snippet call?

Quote from: vbTrev at Jan 26, 2013, 09:52 PM
          Ok i tried that, i took the password code and duplicated it and changed it with email2 and email_confirmation instead of password2 and password_confirmation

I can only find 2 pages that i needed to change a couple of entries in, is there anywhere else i need to look.

formit/model/formit/fivalidator.class
          formit/lexicon/en/default.inc

• 30 Posts
            Here is the part in the form:

<li>
                <label for="email">
                    Email:*
                    <span class="error">[[+fi.error.email]]</span>
                </label>
                <input type="text" name="email:email:required" id="email" value="[[+fi.email]]" />
            </li>

<li>

<label for="email2">
                    Re Enter Email:*
                    <span class="error">[[+fi.error.email2]]</span>
                </label>
                <input type="text" name="email2:email_confirm=`email` id="email2" value="[[+fi.email2]]" />
            </li>

here is the code from the files:

This is exactly the same as the password part, except i changed the word password to email:
            public function email_confirm($key,$value,$param = 'email_confirm') {
                    if (empty($value)) return $this->modx->lexicon('formit.email_not_confirmed');
                    if ($this->fields[$param] != $value) {
                        return $this->_getErrorMessage($key,'vTextEmailConfirm','formit.email_dont_match',array(
                            'field' => $key,
                            'email' => $value,
                            'email_confirm' => $this->fields[$param],
                        ));
                    }
                    return true;
                }

• 534 Posts
              Does it work or do you get some (or none) output that is not desired?
                • 30 Posts
                I get nothing, if i put the &validate email2 in the [[!FormIt? section when i try and submit the form it says that i need to enter something, so i copy the email address into and re click submit but it still thinks there is nothing in the field.

• 534 Posts
                  Did you check if the field is in the post data array? (Firebug FTW)

Just curious bc I see this the first time: Does validation actually work when put into the name attributes? I always add them into the &validate=`` param of the snippet itself... =)?