We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Hi, I'm trying to get MODX installed to a site hosted by Gandi.net Simple Hosting. When I go to the /setup URL I'm getting the following:

FATAL ERROR: MODX Setup cannot continue.

To use PHP 5.3.0+, you must set the date.timezone setting in your php.ini. Please do set it to a proper timezone before proceeding.

The time zone is set to SYSTEM in the phpAdmin variables and when I try to change it I get an access denied message telling me I need "SUPER" privileges.

If it isn't obvious I'm not very tech-savvy, so I'd appreciate any help, especially if it comes in short sentences and small words. Thanks!
    • Hello,

That error normally crops up when you need to create a custom php.ini file in order to set the timezone for your website. You might want to ask Gandi's support to help you with that one, or if they can't help out you might try looking at some of the recommended hosting providers (http://modx.com/partners/hosting-saas/), as they can help you more with MODX issues.
        Patrick | Server Wrangler
        About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
        • 16 Posts
        Sorry to up this old post but i have the same problem
        trying installing modx revolution 2.2.9 on a gandi simple hosting

I see some people who put that line directly in setup.php
        ini_set(’date.timezone’, ’Europe/Paris’);

to force installation.

other who said to put
        date.timezone = “Europe/Paris” 
        in php.ini

i try all this and it dont work.

gandi is not a recommanded hosting provider but they have made a wiki with an 2.1.3 modx installation :
        http://wiki.gandi.net/fr/hosting/using-linux/tutorials/simple/modx

so i think installing more recent modx is possible
        • Hello,

You would need to ask Gandi regarding the best method to customize system settings such as the timezone. Their configuration looks to be custom, so they will know how to change it.
            Patrick | Server Wrangler
            About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting