We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24 Posts
    Hi,

I'm not an experienced builder and this is my second site I build in ModX. I made a clean install (revo 2.2.5-pl) I a sub-domain, and everything seemed to work fine. As administrator of the site I could build and view the site no problem. But when I set the site status to 'yes' yesterday I got a error page:

'503 Error
    Page not found
    The page you requested was not found.'

(Funny thing is, the brower-title said 'Error 404 - page not found')

I checked all the config-files and so did a friend of mine (an experienced ModX user) and found no errors there. I called my hosting company but they said they found no errors or error reports. So I'm thinking it's a ModX problem.

Is there something I'm overlooking here?

ModX Revolution 2.2.5-pl
    PHP: 5.3.13
    Server API: CGI/FastCGI
    DB: MySQL 5.0.95

This question has been answered by applepi. See the first response.

• Sounds like a security permissions issue.

Have a look under Security > Access Controls > Right click the (anonymous) usergroup and choose update.
      Under the Context Access tab, make sure your new context exists there. If not, add it with a policy of Load, List and View, Role of 9999 and your context of course.
        Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
        • 24,544 Posts
        Did you clear the site cache after changing the site_status? You might try deleting all files in the core/cache directory to make sure it's cleared.
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
          • 24 Posts
          Thanks guys, but it doesn't seem to work. I tried the updating the anonymous usergroup and clearing the cache but with no result. It's a very odd problem, any other tips that you can give me?
            • 24,544 Posts
            Do you have this in the < head > section of all templates?

<base href="[[!++site_url]]" />
              Did I help you? Buy me a beer
              Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
              MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
              My MODX Extras
              Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
            • discuss.answer
              • 24 Posts
              Yesterday we solved the problem, the homepage wouldn't load because it was part of a resource groups I created while developing the site. I wasn't aware this could be a problem, sorry.

Still, thanks for all your help so far : )