We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I'm trying to resize the richtext editor in the Newspublisher snippet (latest version 1.4.2) and have followed all the instructions but the &tinyWidth or &tinywidth does not appear to make any difference. The &tinyheight works in v 1.4.1 but doesn't appear to do so in v 1.4.2.

My call is as follows:

[[!NewsPublisher? &show=`pagetitle,introtext,content,pub_date` &template=`2` &initrte=`1` &initdatepicker=`1` &rtcontent=`1` &parentid=`3` &captions=`pagetitle:Heading,introtext:Text (shows on Home Page)content:Enter Your Latest News`  &tinyheight=`400px` &tinyWidth=`75%` &cssfile=`npStyle.css` &cancelid=`23` ]]

I have also tried width in px and making changes to the property set, but none of that has worked. I'm currently developing with this on MODX Cloud. Suggestions please smiley
      Helen Warner
      Number one pixel!
      Proud to be linked with MODX at Crimson Pixel
      • 24,544 Posts
      Have you ever resized the editor manually by dragging a corner in NewsPublisher? I think that the new size may persist, regardless of the settings. I think there's a TinyMCE setting for whether it's resizable.

If it's not that, it could be a change in TinyMCE. I know I had a devilish time getting that to work in the first place.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • Hi Bob,

I couldn't drag to resize, but the height variable seems to be working today, and it looks as if I change the width in the property set it seems to have had an effect. Will create own property set to ensure it isn't overwritten, but it seems ok now. I know there were a few issues with the location of my MODX Cloud yesterday which have now been resolved which may have been part of the problem.

Thanks smiley
          Helen Warner
          Number one pixel!
          Proud to be linked with MODX at Crimson Pixel
          • 24,544 Posts
          Hi Helen,

I'm glad to hear it. I wasn't looking forward to fighting that battle again. I flinch every time I see TinyMCE mentioned in a post about NewsPublisher wink
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting