We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 5 Posts
    Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me out. I recently upgraded my live site from 2.1.3 to 2.2.6. I previously tested locally with upgrading from 2.1.3 to 2.2.5. This worked fine, so I proceeded to upgrade live using 2.2.6. Running mysql 5.0.96.

I updated all packages and cleared the cache (from manager) before updating, apart from accidently remaining logged in. (doh!)

The upgrade went fine apart from a couple of errors:
    [2] => Duplicate column name 'is_stream'
    [2] => Duplicate column name 'hide_trees'

Now when I log in to manager the resource tree is missing and any tabs I click present blank pages.

I had a search about and thought it could be cache and sessions due to not logging out. I couldn't flush sessions from manager so I manually cleared the cache by deleting the files and I deleted modx_session table entries. This did not work.

I then made sure cache was cleared and modx_session was cleared and uploaded the install files again and re-ran setup. This time there were no upgrade errors.

But there is still no Resource Tree and any think I click gives blank pages!!!

Please please help.

Thanks,

Dave

This question has been answered by randomdave. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      • 5 Posts
      Phew!!

After several hours of tinkering and trying many different things I fixed the problem and I'm now able to view the resource tree.

It was due to a problem with the compress_js and/or compress_css as detailed in the Trouble shooting guide:
      http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Troubleshooting+Installation#TroubleshootingInstallation-Thingssometimesdon%27tload%2Cthepageflakesout%2Cetc%28eAccelerator%29

I had to edit the tables in my database and that's got me back in action.

:-)