We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 9 Posts
    We're running the latest stable version of MODX Revo.

What's the proper way in MODX to create a menu item/resource that links to our OpenCart install located on a subdomain?

So far I've been able to get buy with finding my answers through modx doc's and googling with minimal help. Now we're plugging in the OpenCart store front and have hit a road block.

I created a subdomain in cpanel, which will be similar to "shop.mydomain.com". Currently we're still working off a temp url, which has been working just fine. Challenging, but a good learning experience for new MODX'ers. tongue

I can browse to the OpenCart installed default store just fine via my temp url to http://my.directrouter.com/~myuser/shop/
    I'm able to browse the store frontend and admin the default OpenCart store just fine.

The issue we're not understanding is how does one go about correctly linking, via a menu item/resource, to show on our main horizontal nav menu? My research is finding everything except the answer. laugh

After fumbling around a bit we figured... let's try and use a WebLink resource to http://my.directrouter.com/~myuser/shop/ . Publish it, Make it a "Container", and uncheck RichText, leave the other defaults, and Save.

That works... but I don't think this is correct.

Thanks for your help and insights.
      • 436 Posts
      I don't think you should make it a container. Just make a weblink resource and put the url into the 'Weblink' setting (which replaces the 'content' box when Resource Type is set to Weblink.
        • 9 Posts
        Quote from: absent42 at Mar 07, 2013, 11:18 PM
        I don't think you should make it a container. Just make a weblink resource and put the url into the 'Weblink' setting (which replaces the 'content' box when Resource Type is set to Weblink.

Thanks for the response Dan. We ended up using different cms framework. Appreciate your response anyways.