We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 74 Posts
    I made a copy of an existing Modx 2.2.6pl install to run as a development/staging instance. The way my hosting is set up, I essentially took the existing site, moved it into a subdirectory to which a subdomain is pointed, and then created a copy of the database to run off of.

I re-ran the installer to update the site to point to all the new stuff and make it happy with where it now lived.

Everything works fine except package management. When I download a package, it ends up in the right place, but when I run the package installer, I get an error, which points to the fact that it's trying to install in the original site's location:

Could not open file for reading: migx-2.3.2-pl.transport.zip?revolution_version=Revolution-2.2.6-pl
    MODX could not download the file. You must enable allow_url_fopen, cURL or fsockopen to use remote transport packaging.
    Could not transfer package migx-2.3.2-pl.transport.zip to /home/mysite/public_html/core/packages/.

The above path references the original site path, not the stage site path, which would look like:
    /home/mysite/public_html/core/packages/.
    /home/mysite/public_html/stage.mysite.com/core/packages/.

The config.inc.php paths all seem to be correct in core/config, so I'm wondering if there's another pointer that sets the package manager directory declared in the database or the filesystem. I couldn't see anything obvious in the System Settings.

Many thanks in advance.

This question has been answered by paulp. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      • 1,572 Posts
      When you transferred it did you delete everything in the core cache folder ?

http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Moving+Your+Site+to+a+New+Server
        • 74 Posts
        Ah. RTFM. I missed a step there on the path in the database. Thanks very much Paulp