We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 143 Posts
    On two occasions I've posted a reply to this forum, and was returned back to a questionable state.

Case 1: The original thread content (which I did not create) populated a new Reply form (I didn't enter the text below), giving me the option to Reply with this text.

Case 2: The top thread navigation was duplicated:

Those issues seem to occur when I post the last entry for a given page, and the paging mechanism is trying to resolve whether it should go at the bottom of the current page or the top of the next page.

HTH
      Loved ModX when I was using it a few years ago. Shifted to WordPress, sorry. Thanks, all.
    • Links to pages with issues would really help.. and dangit I thought I fixed the pagination and post pages once and for all in the last push tongue
        Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
      • I've seen this numerous times as well. I think I got used to it, and thus simply neglected to report it. Sorry.
          Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
          "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
          Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • Quote from: frogabog at Jan 01, 2013, 11:59 PM
          I've seen this numerous times as well. I think I got used to it, and thus simply neglected to report it. Sorry.

Tsk. Next time, make sure to get a link so it can be looked into. Actually, I've seen case 1. Just hitting "reply" without entering a message in the quick reply form will give that.
            Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
            • 143 Posts
            Here is a link for case 1.

And case 2 occurred on posting this one.

Pedantic? Efficient? Lucky? A/R?
              Loved ModX when I was using it a few years ago. Shifted to WordPress, sorry. Thanks, all.
            • I was wondering if links would work to show these glitches, but seems not so well. Both above links provided perfectly normal pages for me. Shrug...
                Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
                "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
                Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
                • 143 Posts
                The issues may only occur when the latest post is being applied on the cusp of a page change in the thread. So you may not be able to reproduce the issue unless you are posting a series if Lorem Ipsum's that happen to cause the thread to paginate.

If someone has the Discuss Plugin they may be able to try this and other issues we've been reporting here. HTH