We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 40 Posts
    Probably an easy one... but I can't find the missing setting. Situation:

I created a second user with an extra User Group. The User Group has managing rights similar to the ContentEditor role. Regarding the manager everything works as desired.
    BUT: Whenever this user logs in it can't see pages on the frontend anymore. Result is an Error 404:Page not found with the message "503 Error Page not found".

Resource groups are set up to limit the user's access on the manager's side.

The user group has "web" context access with "Member 9999 - load list and view" which should be sufficient !?
    (it also has "web" context access to the resource group, again load list and view).

UPDATE: It looks like I can see all pages except for the start page. In addition a strange behavior of the Wayfinder snippet: Depending on which page I look for, it only shows the sub tree of the page that belongs to the resource group the user has full access to. For other pages it shows the full tree.

Any ideas?

Thomas

This question has been answered by hochmohr. See the first response.

[ed. note: hochmohr last edited this post 11 years, 4 months ago.]
    • discuss.answer
      • 40 Posts
      Finally found it:

Correct settings:

• (anonymous) user group needs access to the new resource group (context "web", load/list/view)
      • user group needs context access to "web" (e.g. ACL context)
      • user group needs resource group access to all groups for context "web" (which was missing)