We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 9 Posts
    I am having terrible issues trying to access Modx on 3 different computers, both Mac and PC, using Chrome, Safari, IE, OR Firefox.

On and off for ALL of these, I get the following problems occur.

1. I enter modx login info and it just scrolls screen and puts it back to empty boxes to fill in again.
    2. It lets me log in and I see the following and can do NOTHING NOR log out. THe dashboard choices show at the top and at the left, it says "undefined".
    3. It lets me log in but the menu items are in TEXT lined up in a column down the lefthand side of the screen and it LET'S ME DO NOTHING nor log out.

I have disabled every toolbar, emptied caches, stripped out all possible interfering anythings, updated everything i could try to update and NO JOY. I had Firefox working for awhile and now even IT is doing #2 again.

Anyone have any info regarding this?

• Have you tried disabling js and css compression?

What is your server environment?

Do you have a proxy or firewall active?
        Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
        Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
        Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
      • Could also try reuploading all the files (careful not to overwrite the core/config/config.inc.php) and run setup again in upgrade mode.

Another thing to try is trying to login in a private browser session (incognito mode), the first scenario you post could be a session or cookie problem.
          Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
          • 9 Posts
          Thanks - the private browser session worked on most browsers but one of them (chrome) went back to same thing after one login/logout.

Another thing to try is trying to login in a private browser session (incognito mode), the first scenario you post could be a session or cookie problem.
            • 9 Posts
            Sorry, I am very new and not a web content savvy person - I do not know how to disable css etc. and my account is with godaddy if that helps - basic set up nothing fancy yet.

What is your server environment?

Do you have a proxy or firewall active? Yes on our server at work where my cpu and laptop are - at least firewall - We have a barracuda spam etc. system. Don't know about proxy.

The suggestion to turn on private browsing has solved some of the browser issues and I have been able to login and do some maintenance. But chrome only let me in once then went back to the "undefined" message on the left with no logout availability.
            • Have you made any changes to the "Session & Cookie" area in the MODX system settings? Is there just one domain in the site or are there maybe subdomains or other domains in the installation as well?
                Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
                • 9 Posts
                Would not know how to mess with session or cookies and we have one domain fur this dite