We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 151 Posts
    I'm practicing advanced installs and I'm running into a wall here.

I've figured out all the details following the rtfm documentation, and Bob's awesome book, for advanced install successfully, but after install when I login to manager I get no file tree and no function from the top menu.

I've tried many installs including repacking the files and using 2.2.5 and the new 2.2.6 with no luck, same results.

I've checked the file permissions and the config files and everything looks good.

There is one weird glitch when I install and I'm attaching a screenshot. Although I think I was getting the same problem before this showed up. I do clear cache and the whole routine before running a new install and this keeps coming back now.

The details of the checked settings are missing. I see the same thing, no SS, when the checks are made after I put in the db stage details.

Not sure what else to try as I cannot get to the system settings to adjust the js_* tweaks and I've tried everything else I know or can find.

Any help appreciated, thanks all!

EDIT-------------
    1 other screen added of the back end what I'm seeing.

This question has been answered by eric.swd. See the first response.

MODX...the Zen of CMS
      "Bight off more than you can chew and keep right on chewing."
    • When you look into the source of managers html and click at the lang.inc.php(?) and the one below that - does it give a 500 error or something like this?
        • 151 Posts
        Quote from: gallenkamp at Dec 19, 2012, 10:55 PM
        When you look into the source of managers html and click at the lang.inc.php(?) and the one below that - does it give a 500 error or something like this?

Ya!
        I think you mean the "lang.js.phpxxxxxxxx"
        Gives me a 404 error on both.

Know the fix for that?
          MODX...the Zen of CMS
        • Depends of the hosting provider. Sometimes it's that the server does not "like" 777 but wants 755 file permissions on the connectors folder.
            • 151 Posts
            They're set at 755 right now. I guess I should try 777?
              MODX...the Zen of CMS
            • No, that was another issue, I guess. But I cant remember ehat it was. The 404 was for another reason.

Comforting fact: it happens to me once a month or so. And I alwast start from scratch smiley

Is /core/cache writable? And /assets + /assets/components? And ... /core/packages?
              Is running as FastCGI or Apache module? If FastCGI -> All files and folders must belong to the ftp user (and group?)
              • discuss.answer
                • 151 Posts
                Well finally had a chance to get back to playing with this after the holidays.

My error was that I was trying to install connectors directory outside the web root. I guess since those links went to 404 that pretty much told me what it was, but I tried a bunch of work arounds that did nothing good. I don't see anything in the docs that says you specifically can't move it but it does only mention renaming that and manager and since its for Ajax requests it should have occurred to me.

Oh well...All good now!

Cheers!
                [ed. note: eric.swd last edited this post 11 years, 4 months ago.]
                  MODX...the Zen of CMS