We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 119 Posts
    Hi!
    I recently moved my site to Cloud and I don't seem to be able to clear the cache from Site > Clear Cache. The modal window opens, it says "Console running..." and the OK button is disabled. I've let it sit for a good 30 minutes and this is as far as it gets. If I close the window with the X button in the corner then I have to reload the page before Clear Cache becomes clickable again as well. I've tried several times with the same result. As far as I can tell the cache isn't being cleared either. Any suggestions? I've read http://forums.modx.com/thread/?thread=81147&page=1 and I don't think they're addressing the same issue I am but perhaps Bob's snippet could be a workaround for this problem?
    Thanks!
      • 265 Posts
      Delete it through filemanager? /core/cache
        • 119 Posts
        Quote from: thapriest86 at Dec 18, 2012, 07:07 PM
        But shouldn't the clear cache function in the Dashboard work though? It doesn't seem like I should have to go into the file system to do this.
          • 265 Posts
          It shoould, yes. But sometimes, as in this case it doesn't. Why it doesn't do that, beats the hell out of me, all i know is that when i find myself in that situation i clear the cache folder through the filemanager and it works. The clear cache button does work after that as well.
          • Quote from: dwillis210 at Dec 18, 2012, 07:15 PM
            But shouldn't the clear cache function in the Dashboard work though? It doesn't seem like I should have to go into the file system to do this.

It definitely should, but in some cases it can lock up. I'd check the error log for any errors and attempt clearing it via ftp.

How did you move your site to the Cloud? It's possible something in that process caused the issue..
              Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
              • 119 Posts
              Quote from: markh at Dec 18, 2012, 07:31 PM
              Quote from: dwillis210 at Dec 18, 2012, 07:15 PM

It definitely should, but in some cases it can lock up. I'd check the error log for any errors and attempt clearing it via ftp.

How did you move your site to the Cloud? It's possible something in that process caused the issue..
              I used Vapor to package up the site and imported the resulting package to the Vault. Could there be permissions issues with the cache after moving the site?
                • 24,544 Posts
                If it happens all the time, I don't know what the problem might be, but if it's intermittent, I get that in Chrome after certain Package Manager, and other operations (e.g. "Search Locally for Packages").

Reloading the page in the browser before trying the clear the cache always works for me.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                  Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                  MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                  My MODX Extras
                  Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                  • 119 Posts
                  Quote from: BobRay at Dec 19, 2012, 03:44 AM
                  If it happens all the time, I don't know what the problem might be, but if it's intermittent, I get that in Chrome after certain Package Manager, and other operations (e.g. "Search Locally for Packages").

Reloading the page in the browser before trying the clear the cache always works for me.

Unfortunately it happens 100% of the time right now. Reloading the page, even after clearing the browser cache, has not made a difference.
                    • 24,544 Posts
                    You might try this as a workaround: http://modx.com/extras/package/cacheclear. It won't solve your problem but could be useful while you try to figure out what the problem is.
                      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                      My MODX Extras
                      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                    • Messages in this thread are quite old but since I had the same issue and found what was wrong in my system I thought I'll post here as it may help somebody else.

In my case problem was in wrong permissions of
                      /assets/components/phpthumbof/[b]cache[/b]

After spending some time snooping around I found that after "Clear cache" in admin is clicked, there is an ajax call sent to:

/connectors/system/index.php

In /connectors/system/ directory I found nice error_log (error log location can differ as it depends on server config) with info:

[09-Mar-2014 13:20:06 America/Toronto] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'DirectoryIterator::__construct(/home/user_account/public_html/assets/components/phpthumbof/cache/): failed to open dir: No such file or directory' in /home/user_account/public_html/core/cache/includes/elements/modplugin/3.include.cache.php:50
                      Stack trace:
                      #0 /home/user_account/public_html/core/cache/includes/elements/modplugin/3.include.cache.php(50): DirectoryIterator->__construct('/home/user_account/...')
                      #1 /home/user_account/public_html/core/model/modx/modscript.class.php(66): elements_modplugin_3(Array)
                      #2 /home/user_account/public_html/core/model/modx/modx.class.php(1541): modScript->process(Array)
                      #3 /home/user_account/public_html/core/model/modx/processors/system/clearcache.class.php(26): modX->invokeEvent('OnSiteRefresh', Array)
                      #4 /home/user_account/public_html/core/model/modx/modprocessor.class.php(173): modSystemClearCacheProcessor->process()
                      #5 /home/user_account/public_html/core/model/modx/modx.class.php(1631): modProcessor->run()
                      #6 /home/user_account/public_html/core/model/ in /home/user_account/public_html/core/cache/includes/elements/modplugin/3.include.cache.php on line 50

Changing permissions to 777 (chmod 777 cache/) solved the issue for me.

----
                        regards
                        demagu