We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 265 Posts
    Have you tried emptying cache hard by hand? (deleting all in the cache folder by hand)?
      • 128 Posts
      I think you were right with that, I wasn't able to delete the cache as it said I didn't have permissions but I've got the host to do this for me and now all works fine! The cache had obviously got frozen somehow.
      • If you have to call the host to delete the core/cache folder manually every time, you're going to be in for a lot of host calls over the life of your site.

This should be as simple as either ftp- delete (which is slow), or opening the file manager in your control panel and deleting core/cache files.

Here's a thought... you should be able to manually delete core/cache through the file manager in MODX.

Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
          "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
          Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • I'm guessing the files were assigned to the wrong user cause of the server move, preventing MODX (ie PHP) from deleting the files.
            Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
            • 128 Posts
            The host had just upgraded their server to a faster one and I think in the move some permissions had changed, so hopefully it's just a one off.
            I hadn't thought of deleting through MODX, I' tried cpanel so will try that if it happens again. Mark you are right though.