We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 299 Posts
    Recently I have had a few projects and applications where integration with a CRM system is needed. Finally, the requirement also arrived for my day-job and I went searching for a solution that could begin small and grow as we adopted the system. I found Zurmo www.Zurmo.com which is very nice open-source system with what appears to be a solid and committed community.

For some of you looking for a lead, customer, and opportunity management system, do have a look. It would be wonderful for someone more capable than me to have a look at their API and see what integration options they come up with.
    • I had peeked at Zurmo recently and it certainly looks like an interesting CRM. What would an integration need to do on your end?
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 40 Posts
        We would be over the moon if there was an integration to Zurmo from Modx, we run several sites and would like to be able to link the Users in Modx as we use this for customer login.
        if each time a customer registered on the modx site we could create a client in Zurmo that would be good.
        Then we would be able to record their spend amount on the modx shopping cart in Zurmo.

I would be happy to donate to this project.
          • 255 Posts
          just a simple rest API. A formit post hook to submit leads or w/e to the API would be it for number 1. The second depends on the cart solution. But if it uses formit too, same deal.
            • 40 Posts
            Thanks Harvey EV,

Ive never had any experience in rest API's would you be able to give me a pointer.

The Shopping cart is "Ezycart" module made by walker designs, So Ill have to ask them if it uses formit, but I dont think so.

Thanks for your quick response
              • 255 Posts
              Hey Ben, I looked at the Decrolux site if that's it (got it off Walker's site). That one just sends a contact form. Hard to be sure but *looks* like a formit form. Anyway it's all doable with a little programming. I did something similar to Zoho CRM a few months back for a client but Zoho is a paid CRM service. Rest APIs are basically webservice calls you'd program with PHP.