We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 322 Posts
    I'd like to replace the MODX browser with a different one everywhere in TinyMCE. It's easy enough to ADD a new one into the toolbar for inserting images, but I also want to replace the browser link to the right of the Link URL field in the Links popup with a different one. How would I go about doing this? Has anyone done this successfully?
    • Please take a look to /assets/components/tinymce/tiny.browser.js. The default TinyMCE browser using this script.

It's possible to create or replace the default browser, by creating a new script. Then register it as a plugin for TinyMCE from System Setting. Go to:

• System Setting
      • Select tinymce from dropdown list (core)
      • Find key "setting_tiny.custom_plugins", right click "Update Setting" to modify the value
      • Be carefull... By default the value are: style,advimage,advlink,modxlink,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,fullscreen,noneditable,nonbreaking,xhtmlxtras,visualchars,media. You can add your new plugin or replace "advimage" (default browser). Save it
      • Then find anothe key "setting_tiny.custom_buttons1", here you can customize the first bar of TinyMCE buttons.

Good luck!

zaenal.lokamaya