We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,572 Posts
    The images may have become corrupt on the transfer, have you tried uploading them again ?
      • 215 Posts
      A new development. It appears that the CSS for the Manager is referencing the missing images using an incorrect URL. The correct url, for instance for the "arrows.gif" icon sprite is:

/~blacksb2/stepintobb/manager/templates/default/images/modx-theme/tree/arrows.gif

But for some reason, the css is referencing this URL instead:

/home6/blacksb2/public_html/stepintobb/manager/templates/default/images/modx-theme/tree/arrows.gif

This is creating a broken link, and is why the images are missing. Now if I can simply find out why this is occurring, I can fix the issue.
        Jesse Couch
        MODX Aficionado, Front-End Designer & Developer
        http://www.designcouch.com
      • discuss.answer
        • 215 Posts
        It was the config.inc.php file. I missed one location setting on my initial check of the file at the beginning of this debacle. For some reason, running Setup did not change all of the location settings, so I had to go in and manually change the one that was missed. After that, I cleared my browser cache and stored cookies, and then logged back in. The icons are all appearing now. Thanks all for your help on this one - I will be checking the config file every time I transfer a site from here on out.
          Jesse Couch
          MODX Aficionado, Front-End Designer & Developer
          http://www.designcouch.com
          • 55 Posts
          I had a similar problem with a local install of MODx on WAMPserver. Some icons of the manager would not appear.

There was a problem in the CSS and the URLs pointed to local directories (D:/folder/...). This was apparently due to the fact that the CSS were minimized. Once this option was removed, all icons appeared normally.