We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 85 Posts
    Hi,

Have basically created a new media source and only made that available to the client, so when they log in they are only able to see the directory I want them to see.

This works fine, but when I log in as the client and select file, where it used to show 'filesystem' it just now shows the number '1' and the path as 'Media'. I can select the dropdown and change the '1' to the media source I created and all works fine.

It would seem logical that only the new media source should show?

Many thanks

Note: Revo 2.2.6-pl [ed. note: mflammia last edited this post 11 years, 5 months ago.]
      • 338 Posts
      Yes, I also get this in the Resource Browser in Revo 2.5.5-pl.

It is minor but it's making the client have to deal with something that isn't immediately obvious if they aren't very computer savvy.
      • Could set the default_source setting (I think that's what it's called) to the ID of your client media source so that one shows up by default.
          Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
          • 85 Posts
          I have found a setting called 'Default Medis Source', which is currently set to 1. If if go to update it I can change the value between 'Filesystem' and 'Client Images'.

No matter what I do the value always stays as 1?

Have found a bug that sounds similair but with a different version, but I dont understand what is being asked to do in the fix?

https://github.com/modxcms/revolution/commit/40ec123e0a676f7a7eaa8239b44ca547fd18a9fc" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://tracker.modx.com/issues/7084[url]

[url]https://github.com/modxcms/revolution/commit/40ec123e0a676f7a7eaa8239b44ca547fd18a9fc
            • 338 Posts
            Quote from: markh at Dec 06, 2012, 12:08 AM
            Could set the default_source setting (I think that's what it's called) to the ID of your client media source so that one shows up by default.

Yes, thanks Mark that worked for me.

mflammia - its the setting for the user:
            Security -> Manage User -> right-click Update User -> Settings Tab -> Create New

Then use these settings:

I got the "Value" value by going to system settings changing the default_media_source setting to my Media Source and then seeing what number it put there instead of 1

• 85 Posts
              Yep that worked for me too!

Thanks very much for the help, learnt something new also.

Love the flexibilty of MODX smiley [ed. note: mflammia last edited this post 11 years, 4 months ago.]