We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7 Posts
    Hi All

Sorry i don't think the resource group part has anything to do with it, if i do an install on my local Laptop i don't need to add any resource groups as at the moment i don't want to restrict access to individual resources i want to restrict access to parts of the Manager such as the System.

I've setup user Doreen she is part of the Editors Group and has a roll of an Editor and its setup so that she should be able to

Create & Access any resource, view the Dashboard, Site, Reports, User and Support menu items. Nothing else.

However Doreen can see everything as shown in the attachments.

I suspect that this is actually something do to with the server as like i said i've done a local install on my laptop (Windows 7 ISS 7.5) and what i am doing works fine.

I do the same thing on my server (Windows Server 2008 R2) and it doesn't work. All the settings appear to be the same and i'm doing the same thing, any suggestions?

(I have even done a fresh install on the server and still get the same problems.)

-David
    • You're correct. Doreen should not be able to see those tabs and the manager menus.

Are you logging in Doreen in a different browser?
        Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 338 Posts
        Yes the default ContentEditor policy should restrict what menus you see.

Have you flushed permissions?

Have you tried flushing all sessions?

Mike
          • 7 Posts
          Hi

Yes i am however i'm not currently convinced this is doing anything, is there anyway of me physically checking if this is being cleared? Are there files stored in a cache folder somewhere on the server?

David
          • Did you check the editor's policy and template? Does that look normal?

Content Editor policy should have 24 of 172 permissions checked.
              Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
              "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
              Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
              • 7 Posts
              Hi

Yes the default template is being used and this is unchanged from the install.

David