We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 34 Posts
    I'm having a problem and i think its the Permission issues. I created permissions that would allow specific user(s) access it own specific resources/pages on manager area only. So what i did here is i created a AllDocs resource group for a Super Admin user that can access everything generally, and also i created a resource group for specific pages that certain user(s) can only access. Everything is running smoothly, i was able to restrict permissions and able to establish user-specific pages. I pretty much followed a tutorial from Bob's Guide, here.

The problem i encounter is that, on a certain user i named "blogger" which can access "Blog" resource/page only, as i logged in using that user account, i was able to access "Blog" resource alone which is good. But the problem is when i started creating New Resources and tried to save it, i came up with and error which is exactly like this "Error! Resource not found with ID: --". But when i check it using Super Admin account, i was able to see that newly created resource. Also whenever i created a new resource under "Blog" using Super Admin account, that new resource is not accessible or cannot be viewed using "blogger" account.

To make it short, newly added resource(s) are not accessible or viewable using subadmin account like "blogger".

What did i miss? Thanks smiley
      • 24,544 Posts
      It sounds like the new resources created as children of the blog page are not automatically in the "blog" Resource Group so the user has no access to them.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 34 Posts
        I already found out the reason why. I didn't add all the Resource Groups on DefaultResourceGroup property.

That's fixed the my problem.

Thanks! smiley