We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4 Posts
    I'm using Revolution 2.2.2-pl, and have experienced long delays (30~40 seconds) when saving resources. I discovered that removing the checkmark from the "Empty Cache" (on save) option on the resource editor made saving much faster (< 4 seconds). However, I haven't found a way to change the settings of the editor such that the "Empty Cache" option is unchecked by default. Is there a way to do this?
    If I can accomplish that, I'm also planning to change cache_default to false, so I don't have an ever-growing cache that never gets deleted.
    I understand that it's not the perfect solution, but it seems to be the best one I can find for this situation.

This question has been answered by chrisf. See the first response.

• 38 Posts
      30 to 40 seconds for a save is definitely too much.

Do you have any plug-ins, that run on save?
      What server environment is this running on?
        • 4 Posts
        > 30 to 40 seconds for a save is definitely too much.
        Indeed. I believe the bulk of the issue lies in the fact that a couple hundred sites (not pages, sites) are sitting in the same installation (not my call). On a side note, if you have any suggestions on how to handle that bulk gracefully, it would be much appreciated.

> Do you have any plug-ins, that run on save?
        No.

>What server environment is this running on?
        We're using AWS.

Thanks.
          • 38 Posts
          Well. Seems that there is just too much going on on that machine.

Sorry, but I can't really think of a good answer to that one.
          • discuss.answer
            • 4 Posts
            Well, there is definitely a deeper issue at hand here, but just in case someone wants to do what I was suggesting, here's how it can be done -

Create a plugin (you can just type it in after clicking "New Plugin" on the elements tab), and make the body of it contain the line:
            $resource->set('syncsite','0');

And then use the "System Events" tab in the plugin editor to set it to be called on "OnDocFormRender".

But as Saschame is getting at, it probably won't solve your problem, ultimately.