We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 94 Posts
    I keep having problems with uploading my modx site to a new online location.
    I understand i need to change the core path in a couple of config.core.php files from within some maps, but that seems not to be enough. When i go to www.***.nl/manager it gives the following errors:
    Warning: include_once(/users/s/p/****/www/core/model/modx/modx.class.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/users/s/p/****/www/manager/index.php on line 50

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/users/s/p/****/www/core/model/modx/modx.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php-5.2.8/lib/php') in /home/users/s/p/****/www/manager/index.php on line 50

Warning: include(/users/s/p/****/www/core/error/unavailable.include.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/users/s/p/****/www/manager/index.php on line 51

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/users/s/p/****/www/core/error/unavailable.include.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php-5.2.8/lib/php') in /home/users/s/p/****/www/manager/index.php on line 51
    Site temporarily unavailable!

So i thought.. lets upload also the setup folder from a clean modx package.. finally i received a sign of life from modx..
    but still it tells me the following: ERROR: Your MODX_CORE_PATH is invalid; please specify the correct path in the field above and click Submit.

I used the core path that was given me by retrieving the $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] and gives me this output: /home/users/s/p/****/www/

****=sitename :p

My domain also let me to install phpmyadmin manually perhaps somebody can give me a tip as well how to connect it with the uploaded modx package.