We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 70 Posts
    Hi all,

I posted this as a bug (maybe I should/shouldn't have before asking here), but I'm pretty sure it is a bug. (http://tracker.modx.com/issues/9152)

After getting my head around the whole context thing and getting it working, I've hit a snag, which I'd consider a little annoying/big.

Problem:

When logging in as a "client" (with only access to an assigned context), I go to hit New Document on the toolbar.
    and get sent to a URL: server.com/manager/index.php?a=55

I get:

Error!
    context_err_nf

You may think this is a simple permission error right?

But, if I right click on the context, or an existing document in the tree list and choose create X, I get sent to a different URL:
    server.com/manager/index.php?id=0&a=55&class_key=modDocument&parent=0&context_key=contextname

and it works fine.

I just thought if I've got clients using this, then all toolbar links should work correctly. smiley
    Nothing shows up in the Modx logs of problems either.

It works fine as an admin who can see all the contexts - as expected.

I originally tried this on 2.2.5-pl, and upgraded to 2.2.6, and it's still there. It's a bit weird.

The other thing, if I assign the 'web' context to the user's group, I get the default "web" context showing and the assigned context - and it works. But, I don't want the client to be able to see or edit the 'web' context - only their assigned own area.

So basically the big picture here is have multiple contexts, and allow clients to log in and only see the the context assigned to them, so they can edit and create content. From there, use their context front ends as the front end for apps/websites.

Thanks in advance.
    -Steve [ed. note: vrdriver last edited this post 11 years, 5 months ago.]
      • 70 Posts
      Are many people using contexts to allow various login groups?
        • 46 Posts
        Ho vrdriver!

This is known problem, opengeek and the others now about it. modx rwvo currently needs 2 context with which the site can not run - mgr and web contexts.
        The solution right now is that you dont allow your client to see the tree taskbar so he cant click the new-resource button but only throu right click-create

Sumoborac
          • 70 Posts
          Quote from: sumoborac at Dec 31, 2012, 07:52 AM
          Hi vrdriver!

This is known problem, opengeek and the others now about it. modx revo currently needs 2 context with which the site can run - mgr and web contexts.
          The solution right now is that you don't allow your client to see the tree taskbar so he can't click the new-resource button but only through right click-create.

Sumoborac

Hi Sumoborac,
          Thanks for the reply. I'm just glad that the problem is known and that I'm not doing something wrong in getting it running. I'll look in to using a work-around and wait for an update. Either that, or I may delve in to the code and see if I can find where it's not working properly... I'll probably just get lost - can't heard to look thought I guess. smiley
          Good to see the software is progressing, so well done to the Modx team.
          Cheers,
          Steve.