We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 48 Posts
    When trying to create a new event, clicking on the "Save" button does nothing.

Thanks
      • 58 Posts
      Same problem here see the thread: http://forums.modx.com/thread/79850/event-problem?page=2#dis-post-444443

Charles is working on the problem.

Out of curiosity, here are a few questions:

1) where are you hosted? (I'm on NameCheap's hosting)
      2) are you using a mac to view the sites (I'm on mac and does not save on chrome or safari)
      3) . Do have times when you can save and other you can't? Can you determine the events? (I believe something is triggered during editing. Once I cut and paste I can not save and I think some deleting is also causing the problem. I am not sure on this. I think the problem might be in the html editor triggering something to disable saving. I had slightly better luck using plain text.)
        • 48 Posts
        Currently, I'm running it on MAMP on a local server. Yes, I am on a mac and the problem appears to be agnostic relative to the browser.
          • 58 Posts
          I will test tomorrow on windows and see if the problem is related to OSX.
            • 202 Posts
            It might be javascript related. I use a stripped down Firefox; that is, a browser with without any add-ons. I haven't used Firebug for years now, for example.
              • 48 Posts
              I thought that too. On a Mac, it doesn't seem to matter which browser. I have the same issue with safari, chrome and firefox. My chrome and safari are fairly lean.
              • It has to be returning some type of malformed json object or throwing a JS error, if you can inspect your JS console and provide any additional detail it would greatly help. I will have my hands on a test mac soon to see if can then replicate the issue.

Cheers
                  Evo Revo // Ubuntu, CentOS, Win // Apache 2x, Lighttp (Lighty)
                  Visit CharlesMx.com for latest news and status updates.
                  • 48 Posts
                  Charles -

This is what I get from the js console on firefox with firebug. I don't know if it is helpful or not. If I can do anything else to help, please let me know. I am excited to use this add on. It looks like a great and much needed addition to modx. Thanks.

success

false

"mxcalendars.mxcalendars_err_save"

total

data

[]

object

[]

frmData: [object Object]

mxcale...v=225pl (line 658)

• 48 Posts
                    Does anyone know if any progress has been made with this issue?