We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I missed the notification on this JP, but I'll get right on it! Here, I wrote you a snippet to keep you updated on the planned release time:

$currentTime = time();
    $releaseTime = $currentTime + (12 * 60 * 60);
    return strftime('%x', $releaseTime);

SubscribeMe is on my long term list to completely rewrite and release a 2.0 for... but if anyone else wants to step up, rewrite and own it I'll gladly hand that over. wink
      Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
      • 712 Posts
      So the real question is does that Snippet get run cached or uncached wink

Cached it'll be done in 12hrs uncached never! Haha
        jpdevries
      • I'm going to move this discussion to the Add-on SIG because it really does belong there. Perfect topic!
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • I think some best practice guidelines would be useful for developers, some packages aren't as customization due to the developer just learning the system as they develop, the current guides don't direct a user enough for them to know if they are doing it correctly.
            • 712 Posts
            As far as the docs, I think this is where Editors come into play. When you have docs written by the developer, they read like they were written by the developer! That goes for any of us.

Quote from: easylancer at Mar 05, 2013, 11:49 AM
            I think some best practice guidelines would be useful for developers, some packages aren't as customization due to the developer just learning the system as they develop, the current guides don't direct a user enough for them to know if they are doing it correctly.
              jpdevries