We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 338 Posts
    After installing MIGx and then following the setup instructions I just get a blank page when I click on the "Components" > "Configurator and Package Manager" menu item

Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Mike

revo: 2.2.5
    migx: 2.3.2
    php: 5.2.17
    mysql: 5.0.96

other packages:
    Formit: 2.1.2
    phpThumbOf: 1.4.0
    TinyMCE: 4.3.3
    Wayfinder: 2.3.3

[ed. note: thingstodo last edited this post 11 years, 5 months ago.]
    • It should be "Components -> MIGx". Sounds like the initial installation setup didn't get done quite right.
        Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
        Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
        Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
        • 338 Posts
        Yes I have had it as "Components -> MIGx" too, the menu item depends on the description you give it under the Actions > Component part of the set up.

But still had the blank page.
          • 338 Posts
          OK, have managed to install and use MIGx successfully.

I did it though by using a fresh install of revo 2.2.5. on the same server.

So that proves to me that it's not the environment that is the problem but the particular install.

The only difference with the one that doesn't work and the one that does is that the non-working one was originally developed in a sub folder then moved (config files changed & then setup run, as per moving site instructions), then migx installed ...

I also found with this one that when I tried to install CodeMirror that it didn't work either.

So I think it has something to do with the moving from a sub-folder process that has caused problems with the packages.

I still need to get it working in the original site though to avoid having to rebuild the whole site from the ground up!

Further investigation required .....

Any ideas where to look would be appreciated.

Thanks
          Mike

• 5,888 Posts
            may be, this is a filesystem - permission/owner - issue anywhere in this installation.
              -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
              • 338 Posts
              All the files from the working and non-working installs seem to have the same permissions and ownership so I don't think it is that.

I have one clue to go on so far.

When I installed the non-working migx I got this read out in the console that I didn't get on the working one:

Workspace environment initiated, now installing package...

Skipping vehicle object of class modPluginEvent (data object exists and cannot be upgraded); criteria: Array
              (
                  [pluginid] => 6
                  [event] => OnDocFormPrerender
              )

Skipping vehicle object of class modPluginEvent (data object exists and cannot be upgraded); criteria: Array
              (
                  [pluginid] => 6
                  [event] => OnTVInputPropertiesList
              )

(
                  [pluginid] => 6
                  [event] => OnTVInputRenderList
              )

Any ideas?

Thanks
              Mike
                • 338 Posts
                In the end I had to rebuild the whole site to get migx to work, luckily it wasn't a very big one, and didn't have any fancy customisations.
                  • 249 Posts
                  The blank manager page seems to be caused by a problem with a TinyMCE config in javascript. Since I do not use a rich text editor, I went into system settings and disabled the rich text editor, now the MIGX component page appears.
                    lo9on.com

MODx Evolution/Revolution | Remote Desktop Training | Development