We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 712 Posts
    I'm planning on registering for the MODX Ambassador program and would like to get some meetups started in the Portland, Or area. Are you interested and nearby?
      jpdevries
    • Count me in. I'm in SE, and interested.
        Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 73 Posts
        I would be interested. I'm in the Lake O area
          • 712 Posts
          Apr 10th and the Art Institute of Portland. Hope to see you there!
          http://devries.jp/blog/2013/03/10/be-part-of-portlands-first-modx-meetup/
            jpdevries
            • 73 Posts
            It was nice to meet you guys today. To bad there was not more people there to learn about all the awesome that is modx.
            • The information JP presented was more than worth a packed house. We'll get them next time.

The video will be good, especially the optimization parts. I've read the blog posts and explanations about getCache and the Jason's parsing trick, but it always makes more sense when someone shows it to you.

Thank you JP! Can't wait for the goodies you have in mind for us. :~}

Anyone else out there in our area, we sure would like to know you're out there. At the moment, it seems that the entire Northern West Coast is available to do more meetups. Ideas?
                Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
                "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
                Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
                • 73 Posts
                It was a good demo, and showed a lot. i'll have to implement the caching tricks listed. Thanks a lot jp for the form action tip that solved the issue for me. Been enjoying all the good tid bits off your blog as well.

• 712 Posts
                  Quote from: jstump at Apr 12, 2013, 06:27 AM
                  It was a good demo, and showed a lot. i'll have to implement the caching tricks listed. Thanks a lot jp for the form action tip that solved the issue for me. Been enjoying all the good tid bits off your blog as well.

Glad you enjoyed it. Don't forget to sign up for the modmore newsletter to stay posted!
                  http://modmore.com
                    jpdevries
                    • 4 Posts
                    Hi there, I'm a bit new to Modx and I was wondering if there were still people around Portland that I could talk with to help break some of the development material down.
                    Anyone still around Portland that wants to do supper or something?
                      • 712 Posts
                      Quote from: munin81 at Jun 26, 2015, 12:02 AM
                      Hi there, I'm a bit new to Modx and I was wondering if there were still people around Portland that I could talk with to help break some of the development material down.
                      Anyone still around Portland that wants to do supper or something?

I've relocated to Sacramento, but next time I'm in Portland I would!
                        jpdevries