We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 48 Posts
    I'm a bit new to mxcalendar, but like it so far. I was trying to follow the documentation for using AJAX Navigation and modalView and am a bit confused. Here is my understinding of how it works and please chime in if I don't have it correct.

I have a Primary Page with a ResourceId=1. Within the Primary Page, I make the [[!mxcalendar?]] snippet call.

Additionally, there is a second AJAX Page with a ResourceID=2 with a blank template. Within the AJAX Page I make the following snippet call [[!mxcalendar? &ajaxResourceId=`1` &modalView=`true`]]

Thanks

This question has been answered by frogabog. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      In the resource Id 2 make the call:
      [[!mxCalendar]]

(note, no ?)
      In your resource Id 1, call the snippet:
      [[!mxCalendar? &ajaxResourceId=`2` &modalView=`1`]]
        Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 48 Posts
        Thanks
        • You're welcome.

You can assign the ajax resource a template if you want to style the modal detail view (doesn't have to be blank). From what I've gathered, the blank template is only necessary if there could be js conflicts.

edit: if you use a template for the modal view, make sure to include addJQ=`0` to the snippet call in your resource. (After I posted this, I figured out why my list links stopped working after I assigned a template. Duh!)

The forum contains a number of threads with information about mxCalendar and all the goodies you can configure it with that you won't find in the documentation quite yet. Run a search to find them. [ed. note: frogabog last edited this post 11 years, 5 months ago.]
            Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
            "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
            Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster