We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4 Posts
    Hi everyone,

I am new to Modx, and at my new job I got a webpage created with Modx. Now I have to change a few things. The most important thing that's been bothering me for almost a week is to change the urls from 'page/#page_name' - that scrolls down the page into 'page/page_name.html', to open a site with name 'page_name.html'. I've looked into chunks and snippets, but I can't find where to change it. Can anyone help me?

Thank you

This question has been answered by gelstudios. See the first response.

• Is this modx revolution, or modx evolution?

In modx revolution it should just a case of enableing FURLS, and adjusting the htaccess file to include.

RewriteEngine on
      RewriteBase /
      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
      RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]

GEL STUDIOS
        MODX Professional | MODX Ambassador

Website | Email | Twitter | Facebook
        • 4 Posts
        It's Modx Revolution 2.1.3-pl (traditional). I have FURLs enabled and also all those lines in htaccess.

In tv_content of the container is that code:
        <h1 class="f">[[*pagetitle:ucwords]]</h1>
        <section id="[[*link_attributes]]">
        [[*content]]
        [[$sub_menu_link]]
        </section>

And in subcontents:
        <h1>[[*pagetitle]]</h1>
        <section role="contentinfo" class="p">
        [[*content]]
        </section>

Does it have anything to do with it?
        • Ah I see now, the first link is an anchor to a link on the same page? and you want to change it so that it opens up an external page?

By the looks of that code, your answer should be in $sub_menu_link. Post up the contents of that chunk so we can take a look smiley
            GEL STUDIOS

• 4 Posts
            Yes, i would like to open the page in other page, now it just scrolls down in the same page.
            The problem is that the chunk with that name doesn't exist and i've looked in all other chunks and I can't find anything like $sub_menu_link. Is it possible that it's hardcoded?
            • discuss.answer
              If you are happy, drop me an email to [email protected] and I can log in and have a look.

It cant be hard coded in. It must be there as its loading content from somewhere!
                GEL STUDIOS

• 4 Posts
                Thank you a lot Graeme from GEL Studios, you helped me a lot and solved my problem really quick. I highly recommend him.
                • Thanks matey! If you need help again - you know where I am smiley
                    GEL STUDIOS