We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    I am webmaster for a small public school district. Their page is currently Joomla 1.5.15/TinyMCE 2.0 and plenty is broken. We're working to make a completely new webserver using Revolution for the CMS. I need a quick/simple list of editors to use. I work across a VPN/dmz 99% of the time, so it needs to be capable of doing that (browser plug-in would be great). They don't have need for a lot of the more complicated web services and won't have a store/purchasing system. Mostly their needs are documents (board policies), images, occasional videos (usually youtube--so need ability to embed those) and a few javascript-based widgets provided by 3rd party educational companies. Suggestions? I would rather take a sledgehammer to my head than deal with what I'm having to using Joomla/TinyMCE at present. Also, any chance there's an editor that has an iPad app? That would be bonus points.

Thank you so much in advance!
    • The top editors that come to mind:
      ACE
      CodeMirror
      TinyMCE

There is also HandyMan which is a mobile manager interface that uses Markdown.

I hope that helps some
        Patrick | Server Wrangler
        About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
        • 6 Posts
        Quote from: AMDbuilder at Nov 14, 2012, 08:03 PM
        The top editors that come to mind:
        ACE
        CodeMirror
        TinyMCE

HandyMan
        Thank you! Is there any problem with using one of the top along with the bottom that is mobile-capable? Can more than one editor be used, is what I'm asking, I guess.
        • If I recall correctly none of the main editors are supported on mobile devices due to device limits. You would need to test them for a definitive answer. In regards to HandyMan, your only editor choices as I recall are markdown or raw code. You can't use one of the above editors with HandyMan, but you may want to check (http://www.modxmobile.com/).
            Patrick | Server Wrangler
            About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
            • 6 Posts
            Ok, that's good to know. I don't mind doing raw code (it's mostly what I've been doing rather than deal with the other setup), just so long as I *can* do something from a mobile device. I'll check that link out.