We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 149 Posts
    Modx : 2.2.4
    PHP : 5.3.18
    MySQl : 5.7.27
    Server : Apache

I want to restrict the content editor to a specify directory under the Files Tab.

I trying to doing that by creating a new «user setting» for my editor, but it is not working.

I follow the «Modx Revolution Administration Restricting Files Tab » on YouTube, it was very simple

Key : file manager_path
    Name : setting_filemanager_path
    Field Type : Textfield
    Namespace: core
    Lexicon : file
    Value : assets/contenu/
    Description: setting_filemanager_path_desc.

I read all the posts about this problem but I can find a solution for this problem.

Thank you for submitting solutions.

[ed. note: jber last edited this post 11 years, 5 months ago.]
    • In MODX 2.2.x, you need to use Media Sources. The filemanager_path and related settings were deprecated and replaced with Media Sources. See http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Media+Sources for more information on these.
        • 149 Posts
        Thank you very much for the information.
        • jber,

Did Jason's answer solve your problem? If so, feel free to hover over the rigth of his post and star it to mark as the solution.

Cheers,

Jay
            Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub